Move to your device’s official website to check out whether it support video output function.
If your device is capable of video output, kindly please contact us for free replacement.
FAQs on uni Display related products
Why am I connect the product with my monitor/projector but nothing displays?
I connect the product with my device, but the display flickers/immediately loses connection.
Unplug everything, then plug in again, or try a different USB C port.
If it’s still not working properly, please contact us for free replacement.
I can’t setup my display to 4K@60Hz while using the product.
First, confirm whether your device/displays support 4K@60Hz. (For adapters check if the HDMI to HDMI cord is HDMI 2.0s)
Some monitors only support 4k@60hz over DisplayPort, if you’re not sure about it, please consult the manufacturer.
If your devices all support 4K@60Hz, then you may need to adjust your output setup.
- Some monitors only support 4k@60hz over DisplayPort, if you’re not sure about it, please consult the manufacturer.
Or contact us directly.
The product becomes overheated while using. I’m afraid it will go faulty.
The product transfer DisplayPort signals in addition to regular USB data and will generate heat.
We have taken this issue into consideration at the beginning and we did our best to reduce the heat.
Safe to touch and safe to use for sure.
If you still worry about the abnormal temperature please contact us for help.
The Adapter Doesn’t Work.
1. Check if you plug into the right USB C port (the one with USB 3.1 Gen 1), and DisplayPort Alternate mode must be supported by your device for video.
2. Check if the display needs to change the input source manually.
3. Check if your device needs to upgrade the driver. (USB port).
4. Check if the HDMI to HDMI cable works in good conditions, try a different HDMI 2.0 cable and output display.
5. Unplug everything, connect the USB-C power cable and then the adapter and HDMI cable.
6. Try a different USB C port on your device.
7. Reboot your laptop.
8. For MacOS: Reset the System Management Controller (SMC),click here.
i. Download and install all the suggested Windows cumulative and security update.
ii. Install the latest video card driver. Download it directly from the manufacturer's website.
iii. Use a different HDMI cable. Check if your video cable supports 4k 60hz resolution. Some HDMI cable only supports 30hz at 4k.
vi .Try connecting your PC to you TV alone. This will help us eliminate hardware conflict issues.
If you still have issue, please contact us for help.
We strive for reliable quality, and easy-to-reach customer service. We'd love to hear more about you.
If you need help or wanna share anything to us, we'll always be here for you.