• People usually write views if they have strong feelings about a product. I am one of those people. This is hands down, the best SD card read I have ever used. (No I was not paid to write this.)
• I am college student and do quite a bit of photography. This goes anywhere my laptop goes, which is just about everywhere. Libraries, dining halls, coffee shops, you name it. The value I’ve gotten from this adapter is astronomical. Buy it. If you want to hear more, read on.
• I have purchased so many different adapters (~3 or 4) and they’ve all broken at some point. They’ve usually been the all-in-one dongles or just protruding right out of the computer. The all-in-ones have worn down at the cable connection points. The protruding ones either get broken, or break the port, and usually take up multiple ports.
• So some of you may be wondering, you love this stuff, why not just get the all-in-one. They’re more durable. To that, my response is (1) I don’t have a use for all of those cables at once, (2) I may lose it, an losing $12 vs $40 is manageable, & (3) as a student, there are several times where I may need to transfer data to another student who doesn’t have an adapter. I don’t want to give them my whole dongle if I’m using it for other stuff.
• Finally, IMO/preference the one exception for all-in-one over this is if you have a one port USB device, and need multiple ports going in simultaneously.
• Suggestion: I need more types of hard drive/ssd cables that can transfer data with. (maybe they exist and I didn’t look hard enough.)
I strongly recommend this. You’ll probably have it for a long time. You may have to buy another, but that’s if it gets claimed by a jealous friend or you lose it.
****Not a paid review. I purchased with my own money.****